Learn how to reset a forgotten password, change your password from within Semmel, or reset the password of another user in your account.
Reset own password
If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it from the login page by clicking Forgot Password. Enter the email address that you registered with Semmel. An email will be sent to you with instructions to reset your password.
You can reset your password from the Semmel Hand Hygiene Surveillance App. In the login page, click Forgot Password. Enter the email address that you registered with Semmel
Please note: if the password reset email doesn’t appear in your inbox, you may need to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email allowlist.
If you are unable to log in after resetting your password, try these troubleshooting steps.
Reset another user’s password
If you have permission to add and edit users in your Semmel Account, you can also reset the password of other users. This is especially useful if the user does not have a valid email registered with Semmel Account.
- Log in to your Semmel account. On the home page after login, click the User Management Portal.
- Click User Type > Employee User Profile in the left sidebar menu.
- Search for the user with either the username, full name or email address that is registered with Semmel Account.
- Click on the user’s name and the entire row will be highlighted in blue.
- Click on the Edit button
- In the Password field, enter the new password. Password must at least be 8 characters long, have at least one capital letter, one number and one special character.
- In the Force Change Password field, click Yes. This will force the user to change the password that was just created when the user logs in. This method is always recommended to ensure the user’s account is protected. Click No if you do not want to force the user to change to a new password.
- Click Save. You need to provide the password that was just created to the user.
- The user can log in with the new password now. If the Force Change Password is set to Yes, the user will be prompted to change to a new password.
Change your own password
Note: This method is only possible for users who have access to Semmel User Management Portal. For users with access to Semmel Hand Hygiene Surveillance App only, see below.
- Log in to Semmel Account.
- Navigate to the User Management Portal
- On the top right corner, click on your Profile. A dropdown menu will appear. Click on Change Password.
- Enter your current password. Then
- Enter your new password. Password must at least be 8 characters long, have at least one capital letter, one number and one special character.
- Retype your new password.
- Click Save.
For Semmel Hand Hygiene Surveillance App users, you do not have a function to change your password. To change your password, use the Forgot Password function explained above to reset your password.